The Cochrane Nursing Care (CNC) Journal Section – is a new supplement published in the International Journal of Nursing Practice. It seeks to make a substantive contribution to nursing care internationally from the CNCF. It will include a range of features and sections designed to increase awareness of Cochrane by nurses and others associated with nursing care; to improve access and usage of Cochrane reviews; and promote the ongoing contribution of nurses to the Cochrane Collaboration. Each issue includes:
- A topical editorial from the CNC Journal Editorial Board;
- An Overview Review of Cochrane reviews relevant to a specific area of nursing care
- An open section for the submission of papers (see below for further detail)
- News and information on the CNCF and the Cochrane Collaboration
- A “tips and tricks” column designed to promote understanding and accessibility of relevant statistics
- Transcripts of recent CNCF podcasts, and a link to the podcast website where you can download the mp3s
The CNC Journal Section is calling for authors who have conducted implementation or evaluation projects that used Cochrane resources (these may include audit or quality improvement projects, research or systematic review based projects.) You may also be interested in working with others on a Cochrane overview of reviews – if so, please contact the receiving editor Dr Craig Lockwood to indicate your interest.
The CNC Journal section is an ongoing series of overviews of Cochrane reviews commencing with its first issue in April 2010.